What We Believe
1. The one true God lives eternally as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. God the Father is the sovereign Lord of all; God of life, love, truth, holiness, justice, and authority.
3. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. We believe in His deity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His earthly ministry, teaching, and miracles, His shed Blood and death on the Cross for the redemption of mankind, His bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, His exaltation as Lord at the Father’s right hand, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. The Holy Spirit, the eternal Spirit of God, convicts of sin, exalts Jesus and draws all men to Him, leads us into all truth, is the source of our life in Christ, reproduces Christ’s character in us, and empowers the Church with the gifts of grace to do the ministry of Jesus today.
5. In the beginning, God created all things by His Son. He made man and woman in His own image, with a spiritual nature, moral character, and ability to choose. He loves us and desires us to be in a personal relationship with Him as His very own children.
6. Adam, the first man, sinned by rejecting God’s rule, bringing depravity and death upon the whole human race. As a result, we are all sinners by nature and by choice, self-centered and self-willed, unwilling and unable to break with sin, and deserving of eternal judgment in hell separated from God.
7. God loves us so much that He accomplished our eternal salvation through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ. At the Cross God displayed both His wrath against sin and His love for mankind by having His Son die in our place. This salvation is a free gift received by grace through faith by all those who repent and believe in Jesus.
Salvation provides for: the forgiveness of our sins; our deliverance from sin’s power, Satan’s dominion, and eternal judgment; our being made a new person in Christ so that He lives in us; our being empowered by the Holy Spirit; our being joined to the Body of Christ; and our future of life forever with God in heaven.
God intends for those who receive Jesus as Savior and Lord to: be baptized in water, be filled with the Holy Spirit, and be joined to a local church.
8. God has revealed Himself in the Bible, the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, and supremely in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. The Church is the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head and we are the members. As we submit to the Head, are joined to one another, and each do our individual part, the body is built up in love and Jesus is manifested in the earth. The Body of Christ is expressed in local congregations where brothers and sisters share together in the life and mission of Christ.
10. Christ gave clear commandments to His followers. Basic ones are: to love God with our whole heart, to love each other as He loved us, and to go into all the world, preach the Good News, and make disciples of all nations.